Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Some pictures from Scotland

Here are just a few of the seemingly billion pictures I took in Scotland. I've decided to post pictures in the biggest size format, so if people have trouble uploading them please let me know.


For those Braveheart fans out there, this is the actual sword of William Wallace. Not a replica. Seriously. I almost peed my pants when I saw it. The sword is almost five and a half feet tall, which means William Wallace had to be at least 6'6" according to the plaque on the wall, which didn't make it into the picture.


The school that inspired J.K. Rowling's Hogwarts. Not a great picture (it was night and we were in a graveyard for a ghost tour), but I figured people would want to see it anyway.


Me on top of the Wallace Monument. INCREDIBLE view. The picture really doesn't do it justice. None of my landscape pictures really do. It's impossible to capture that sort of thing and the experience really involves all your senses. Sounds trite, but it's true.


Edinburgh at sunset.


King Kelly and Queen Reynolds in the Stirling Castle great hall.


The whole gang minus Nick: Sari, Reynolds, Dara, Kelly, Noga, and Jonathan on the first level of the Scott monument.


On the way up Arthur's Seat, a dormant volcano in the middle of Edinburgh. You could see the sea, city, and mountains from the top.


Me with a reenactment dude at Stirling Castle


Edinburgh from the top of the Scott monument. The plateau-looking thing in the background is the volcano we climbed.


We went to numerous old churches and cathedrals and this is probably my favorite picture of all of them. I believe it was in St. Giles cathedral in Edinburgh.

No comments: